29 – 30 April 2017
10am – 4pm
This is the second in a new series of professional development workshops in collaboration with Magdalen Road Studios. The ‘Learn To’ workshops will equip you with essential digital skills to enable you to increase and develop your online presence as an artist. During this weekend workshop you will learn to build a simple artists portfolio website using WordPress.
This will be built in a safe offline environment using a free template that you will be taught how to change to suit your style and individual needs. You will not build a live site but will develop all of the skills to go away and build a live version in your own time once you have found a suitable host for your site. We will advise on hosting during the workshop so you will be confident in publishing a live portfolio site.
£150 for Magdalen Road Studio or OVADA Associates
£200 for non members
Included in the cost:
-All of the required files and imagery that you need on a data stick which you can take home.
-A file containing a walk through of all the stages covered during the workshop.
-A WordPress guide as a PDF.
-Refreshments (please bring your own lunch).
You will need:
-A laptop to work on during the workshop (please bring your charger and come with the laptop fully charged).
-Good basic computer skills*
-You will be required to download and install the free version of Desktop server in advance of the workshop: https://serverpress.com/get-desktopserver
Booking essential by email: email@example.com.
This workshop is strictly limited to 10 places.
The workshop will be delivered by Katie Taylor – Studio Manager at Magdalen Road Studios in Oxford. She has been working freelance as a Web Designer for many years which has also included social media marketing and search engine optimisation.
Please note that there is no parking available for course participants however there is a loading bay if required. This class will be held in our first floor learning space, accessed via stairs only. If this prevents you from attending, please contact us in advance so that we can discuss individual requirements.
*For this workshop we define good basic computer skills as having an awareness of basic computer terminology (e.g. software, download/upload, browser, USB port); being able to navigate your laptop with confidence and having an ability to download software, copy/paste text and locate files within folders.
- Education Open Afternoon Our next Education Open Afternoon will take place from 2-5pm on Saturday 1 April. Come and meet our Class Tutors and chat about what Courses and Workshops might suit you or suggest new Classes that you would like to see at OVADA. You are welcome to bring along a portfolio if you would like to discuss ...
- ‘DIRECTORS CUT’ Events Saturday 22 April 2017 1pm: Exploring Artist-led Initiatives Join us for a presentation by Kevin Hunt who will discuss his involvement and research into a wide range of artist-led initiatives. Kevin is an artist based in Liverpool and is a former director of The Royal Standard, concurrently working on a number of artist-led curatorial projects alongside his practice as a sculptor. ...
- Stammtisch – 23 February 2017 8pm Port Mahon Come along to the Port Mahon for a relaxing evening with an artistic twist. Its free entry, the only requirement is an interest in Contemporary Art. You have nothing to loose, apart from your pre-conceptions of what art can be.
- Hurst Street Press presents… Launch Event: Saturday 26 November 2016, 7-10pm Exhibition: Sunday 27 November 2016, 11am-4pm On 26 November, OVADA studio-holders Hurst Street Press will be hosting a launch party for the second edition of IRIS. Intended as both a celebration of their contributors’ talents and a chance for readers to engage in discussion and debate, the launch will feature live music, ...
- City of Oxford College Workshop Tuesday 18 October 2016, 5:30-7pm OVADA and City of Oxford College are delighted to invite you to view new work completed by students enrolled on the UAL Foundation Diploma in Art & Design, UAL Extended Diploma in Art & Design and Access to H.E Diploma in Art & Design. During an intensive one-day workshop, City of Oxford College students ...