Tuesday 23 May 2017, 7pm
Playground is an open platform for artists across disciplines to try-out, develop and present new work. Somewhere between an ‘open-mic’ for artists and a testbed for new ideas, we invite you to experience some of the freshest locally grown art! From performance to illustration and from music to socially engaged work, May’s Playground event held at OVADA will host Robert Ridley-Shackleton, Jezella Pigott and Claire Frampton.
The regular Art Meet on the Last Thursday of the month hosts an Election Special for May. Work in small groups to come up with a party name and logo, write a short manefesto and make a rosette. The event is free and materials will be provided.
- Common People Competition Competition in collaboration with Common People Get ready for the festival season at OVADA with a chance to win two VIP tickets to Common People festival! The festival returns to Oxford’s South Park on May Bank Holiday weekend (27 – 28 May 2017) . Drop-in to OVADA between 2-5pm on Saturday 20 May 2017 to take part in a free workshop to produce ...
- DisPLACED Workshop Saturday 20 May 2017, 2-5pm Join artist Alissa McCreary and Contemporary Arts Research Unit to make unique figurines to contribute towards an installation which will be exhibited at P21 Gallery later this year.
- Education Open Afternoon Our next Education Open Afternoon will take place from 2-5pm on Saturday 1 April. Come and meet our Class Tutors and chat about what Courses and Workshops might suit you or suggest new Classes that you would like to see at OVADA. You are welcome to bring along a portfolio if you would like to discuss ...
- ‘DIRECTORS CUT’ Events Saturday 22 April 2017 1pm: Exploring Artist-led Initiatives Join us for a presentation by Kevin Hunt who will discuss his involvement and research into a wide range of artist-led initiatives. Kevin is an artist based in Liverpool and is a former director of The Royal Standard, concurrently working on a number of artist-led curatorial projects alongside his practice as a sculptor. ...
- Stammtisch – 23 February 2017 8pm Port Mahon Come along to the Port Mahon for a relaxing evening with an artistic twist. Its free entry, the only requirement is an interest in Contemporary Art. You have nothing to loose, apart from your pre-conceptions of what art can be.