Stammtisch events are free and take place on the last Thursday of the month at Port Mahon in St Clements Oxford. The events include creative activities, games, performances and discussions that form a series of regular get-togethers for people with an interest in contemporary art. A collective of artists and organisations including Klick, CARU, Playground and OVADA run the events collaboratively. If you are interested in organising a future Stammtisch event refer to the Contact Us page on this website
Venue: Port Mahon
FaceBook: Stammtisch Art Meet
The regular Art Meet on the Last Thursday of the month hosts an Election Special for May. Work in small groups to come up with a party name and logo, write a short manefesto and make a rosette. The event is free and materials will be provided.
- Stammtisch – 27 April 2017 This month Stammtisch will be hosted by the Oxford Brookes Art Society.
- Stammtisch – 30 March 2017 Join us at the Port Mahon for our regular Art Meet. This month, Artist and Oxford Brookes PhD student Alissar McCreary will be facilitating a short workshop as part of her ‘disPLACED’ project, you will be making little figures for an installation, which will be shown in London next year.
- Stammtisch – 23 February 2017 8pm Port Mahon Come along to the Port Mahon for a relaxing evening with an artistic twist. Its free entry, the only requirement is an interest in Contemporary Art. You have nothing to loose, apart from your pre-conceptions of what art can be.
- Stammtisch- Thursday 26 January 2017 Learn to Draw and Colour a Labyrinth Join us at our New Venue of the Port Mahon on St Clements in Oxford for the first Stammtisch Art Meet of 2017. Learn how to draw a labyrinth with easy to follow instructions, and talk about the place of this ancient pattern in art and culture.
- Stammtisch – Thursday 27 October 2016 Join us from 8.00 pm at Joe Perks and Co. on St Clements in Oxford, for the usual Stammtisch Art Meet! This month is Analogue Twitter night. Follow events @art_stammtisch or come along in person and participate. This is a free event – just turn up!