Stammtisch events are free and take place on the last Thursday of the month at Port Mahon in St Clements Oxford. The events include creative activities, games, performances and discussions that form a series of regular get-togethers for people with an interest in contemporary art. A collective of artists and organisations including Klick, CARU, Playground and OVADA run the events collaboratively. If you are interested in organising a future Stammtisch event refer to the Contact Us page on this website
Venue: Port Mahon
FaceBook: Stammtisch Art Meet
- Stammtisch – Thursday 30 April 2015 Stammtisch returns with discussions and presentations from final year Fine Art students from Oxford Brookes University. The graduating artists will talk about their practice and forthcoming Degree Show, which will be held at Headington Campus from 16 – 22 May 2015. Join us from 8pm at OVADA.
- Stammtisch – Thursday 30 October 2014 Pumpkin Fest! To coincide with the first ever Oxford Pumpkin Festival, OVADA is proud to host a PUMPKIN CARVING EXTRAVAGANZA for this month’s Stammtisch! Wrap up warm and join us at the warehouse to help create a giant PUMPKIN CHANDELIER! Expect delicious soup, drinks and creative pumpkin carving! Feel free to bring pumpkins, squashes, marrows and turnips to add to ...
- Stammtisch – Thursday 25 September 2014 Photography Oxford Festival: Strategies for survival in contemporary documentary photography OVADA presents a special Stammtisch as part of the inaugural Photography Oxford Festival. Chaired by the Assistant Festival Director, J P Reid, the discussion will explore strategies for survival in contemporary documentary photography, with award-winning and Magnum photographers: Jocelyn Bain-Hogg, Lewis Bush, Maja Daniels and Abbie Trayler-Smith. With special thanks to:
- Stammtisch – Thursday 31 July 2014 Structures – Chimerical Waypoint(s) Artists in Conversation 7.30 pm JD Haigh and Jon Lockhart Winners of the Oxford Open Professional Development Award, talk about their current exhibition at the OVADA Warehouse, Chimerical Waypoint(s), with response from special guest Tara Stubbs. Refreshments will be available
- Stammtisch – Thursday 26 June 2014 Informal Elements Exhibition Late Night Viewing Come down to the Warehouse for a late night viewing of the Informal Elements painting exhibition. Respond to the show and join in an informal discussion on the work. Refreshments will be available.