OVADA is committed to the safety and wellbeing of staff and visitors. To ensure that the safety and security of everyone is prioritised, we are implementing changes throughout OVADA. All processes will be continually reviewed and adapted according to government safety directives to ensure peace of mind.
OVADA is located within the Oxford City boundary. As this area moved into Tier 2 (High Alert) from 00:01hrs on Saturday 31st October 2020, we encourage you to familiarise yourself with the new official guidance: www.oxford.gov.uk/tier2.
It is important that all visitors to OVADA follow the Health and Safety guidelines below:
1. Check our latest opening hours prior to visiting as they may be subject to change at short notice.
2. Do not visit OVADA if you or your household are self-isolating or have any symptoms of Coronavirus, however mild.
3. Visitors must not enter the building in groups larger than 6. In line with the Tier 2 restrictions, residents from Oxford City must not visit OVADA with people from outside of their household or support bubble.
4. Wear a face covering before entering and at all times when inside OVADA, unless you are medically exempt.
5. Upon entry please ‘check-in’ to OVADA using the NHS Covid-19 App or sign-in with your name and contact number on the sheet provided.
6. Please follow instructions from the Invigilator(s) and displayed signage – for example, during exhibitions routes may be marked with directional arrows on the floor.
7. We are offering time slots for preview events to limit capacity and interaction. There will be social distancing marked spaces outside the entrance to OVADA to help people queuing for a time slot. (NB: For previews, please only arrive just before your booked time slot). The entrance and exit to the space will be separated by a barrier.
1. The number of visitors within OVADA at any one time will be limited and measures, including a queueing system, will be implemented to adjust crowd density if needed.
2. There will be infrared thermometers at the entrance. Should your temperature be identified as too high (37.8 degrees Celsius or above), we will regrettably have to deny entry into OVADA to avoid risk of transmission. (Nb. no personally identifiable information is captured or recorded by the thermal scanner).
3. We have increased the frequency of cleaning at OVADA and the main space will be ventilated during exhibitions.
4. We respectfully remind visitors accompanied by children that they are responsible for supervising them at all times and should follow social distancing guidelines.
1. We have a limited amount of disposable masks available to visitors in return for a small donation but strongly advise you to bring your own face covering.
2. Hand sanitiser dispensers are stationed throughout OVADA and visitors are asked to sanitise their hands upon entering the building.
We thank you for your co-operation. Following these guidelines will ensure that all visitors will be able to safely enjoy their time at OVADA. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns, especially if you require any adjustments to be made during your visit.
To keep up to date with our programme of activities and exhibitions, please join us online by signing up for our newsletters; visiting our website; and following us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
In the meantime, take care and we look forward to seeing you soon!
Latest update: 25th November 2020