Through a variety of exercises and tasks, participants will explore a number of contemporary painting processes and techniques. Designed and taught by experienced tutors who are also practicing artists, participants will be encouraged to develop their own practice within each session. This course is aimed at those with some experience of painting but who are committed to exploring the medium in more depth. Each tutor will lead two consecutive sessions.
Important things to note before booking:
- Materials: Please note that we are unable to provide materials or equipment for this course. As such, please review the materials list below before booking as participants will need to have obtained the necessary materials and equipment before the course commences. *We have teamed up with Broad Canvas in Oxford, to offer participants a materials bundle for this course.* OVADA Associates receive a 10% discount with Broad Canvas.
- This course requires minimum bookings to run. Should the course become unviable, participants will be notified 2 days before start time and bookings refunded.
- Participants will need basic competency in using Zoom platform and should be able to toggle between screens etc.
- We use Google Documents to facilitate some of this course’s content, therefore you will need a Gmail account in order to take part. If you already have a Gmail account, please provide this email address when booking. If not, it is free and really straightforward to set up a Gmail email account.
- Unfortunately, we cannot offer refunds or credit for courses that go ahead so please make sure you can take part before booking.
|Materials/ Equipment Required:|
|For oils and acrylics: Paint brushes (4, 6, 10) or a set such as Pro Arte studio hog wallet|
Set of oil colours: eg Daler Rowney graduate set of 8 x 22ml tubes
Or 60ml tubes of each from Cranfield (approx £5/tube)
Zest it solvent 250ml
linseed oil 250ml Cranfield
|300gsm cartridge paper 4-5 x A4 sheets|
|Tracing paper, 4 x A4 sheets|
Set of acrylic colours: eg Daler Rowney System 3 introductory set 10 x 22ml
Or 58ml tubes of each from Daler Rowney System 3 (approx £3/tube)
Acrylic gloss flow medium
Winsor and Newton 250ml
OR Self levelling Gel by Golden, 236ml
Daler Rowney Alkyd Flow Medium
|For oils and acrylics:
Canvas board Winsor and Newton 10x12inch x2
Daler Rowney Georgian oil painting pads 14”x 10”
|For oils and acrylics:
Global Artists rectangular palette, wood 20 x 30cm
Daler Rowney tear off palette pad A3
|Daler Rowney graduate Gesso 1 litre|
|Tesa Masking Tape 24mm x 50m|
|X1 Posca PC-7M Bullet Tip: Black|
|X1 Posca PC-8K Broad Chisel Tip: Black|
|X1 Posca PC-17K Extra Broad Chisel Tip: Black|
|X50 Standard A4 paper|