Materials required to take part in this course:
Some paints and surfaces will be available, but try to bring as many of the suggested materials as you can.
- 4-6 surfaces to paint on: can be canvas, wooden board, paper, etc. Please be aware that you will have to transport wet paintings home at the end of the day — tutor will show you how to pack them up and will bring some extra materials for this purpose.
- Brushes: 5-6 brushes in varying sizes, ideally smaller sizes like 2, 4, 6, 8, 10. Synthetic or synthetic blend are fine, or natural bristles if you prefer.
- A palette: can be wood, glass, plexiglass, or disposable pad
- A palette knife
- Paints: ultramarine blue, cadmium red hue, cadmium yellow hue, and white will be required; yellow ochre, burnt sienna, Payne’s grey are optional.
- Linseed oil: this will be used both as a medium and for cleaning your brushes — please no turpentine or spirits!
- Kitchen towels or clean cloth rags
Lunch break facilities:
There will be a thirty minute break during this workshop. We have basic kitchen facilities with cups, plates, kettle, water, and complimentary coffee, teabags, and milk available. There is a shop and café within a ten minute walk from OVADA but we do have a fridge available that you are welcome to store your lunch in if you so wish.
Important things to note before booking:
- Due to structural challenges with our building, classes are normally held in our first floor education room, which unfortunately, is currently accessible via stairs only. If this would prevent you from attending, please contact us via email@example.com, in advance, so that we can discuss individual requirements and we will do our best to accommodate.
- We aim to make our courses as accessible as possible to all and our experienced tutors can accommodate a variety of learning needs. If you would like to notify us of individual requirements or to discuss how we can support you to fully engage with this course, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This course requires minimum bookings to run. Should the course become unviable, participants will be notified 2 days before start time and bookings refunded.
- If, for any reason, due to Covid, we are unable to run this course in person, we will try our best to continue to deliver the course using an online format.
- OVADA will continue to advocate and practice Covid – safety measures including social distancing, mask wearing and sanitising as appropriate.
- We use Google Documents to facilitate some of this course’s content, therefore you will need a Gmail account in order to take part. If you already have a Gmail account, please provide this email address when booking. If not, it is free and really straightforward to set up a Gmail email account.
- Unfortunately, we cannot offer refunds or credit for courses that go ahead so please make sure you can take part before booking.